Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sailin and Shootin


Had the best time this summer at Sailing Camp. The teacher was great, the weather was perfect. Perfect activity for boys - captains of their own "ships".
We also had the great experience of shooting up in the mountains above Williams with the Brannans. Dave has been in the military and is a Range Master and has taught shooting so he was a great example to the boys. He told them how "killing isn't pretty and not at all like in movies. It's ugly and scary and disgusting to see someone die that way so hold your gun like this when you're around me or I'll deck ya!" What a gift to have someone else to mentor them. I even shot a gun too. My hands were shaking sooo bad, but I really liked it. I guess there just isn't any hope of tea parties and shopping in this family!

2 comments:

Ton Amie said...

What an awesome thing to be able to do. I KNOW those boys of your were in gun heaven! Miss you, love you, can you play soon????

Michelle said...

Well Well Well, It is about time slacker!
Loved the vivid color of your photos you posted.