Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Scotty's Landing

We got to hear our good friends' daughter sing this weekend at a Honky Tonkin festival at Scotty's Landing on Sunday. She was great as usual. She just belts it out and talks to her audience and amazes everyone cause she's only 17 but already a rising star! It was fun and a huge eye opener since I'd never been on River Road on Labor Day weekend. I've seen it in the paper and all the arrests and such but wow! what a mess! College kids everywhere drunk and walkin in the road and being obnoxious. My kids got an eyefull and earsfull of the drunken college life. I told them that there are actually kids out there that tube on the river and don't get wasted and tatooed and lose their shoes and get arrested but they didn't look very convinced and couldn't wait until we got out of the crowds and back home. I know. Someday they might even be craving that kind of junk but I guess I rely on Jesus to wrap up and take care of their futures.

No comments: