Monday, May 11, 2009

How Long Ago Was I Gone?

You know how when you come back from a trip and life hits and you have all the responsibilities and things to take care of and you struggle to get it all done.... And then you realize only a couple of weeks ago, I was in D.C. and Williamsburg and it was AMAZING!! I really had a great time and I hope I can always remember how I felt walking thru the Holocaust Museum and seeing the Washington Monument and looking at the White House across the lawn. It's so easy to be consumed with the momentary afflictions and circumstances and not have a big picture focus. I need to work on that. God is teaching me to realize how short the time with my boys is and that in a blink, I'll be done parenting and on to something else (geriatrics?). Carpe Diem, seize the day!





2 comments:

Michelle said...

Cool pictures!

Ton Amie said...

Love your pictures and love you too! Thanks SO much for calling me on my favorite day of the year, NOT!!!!!!!! You are so sweet and I appreciated it more than you know.........