Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Stuck in the Stocks


Look where we wound up in Williamsburg. Thrown in the stocks for public intoxication. Ha. When we toured the courthouse for a mock trial, I was picked as a judge by the magistrate. Christopher took pictures while I nodded my head as to whether the North Carolinian should pay up his tavern bill. We also watched as things heated up during the time before the Revolution and there was a public tar and feathering. I loved that place. As I look back, some of the actors we saw were so convincing and the ideals that were held in regard to the formation of our country were so exciting and much more appealing than today's politics. I think I was meant for that era what with our homeschooling and my wide hips which would be very flattered by the big wide skirts! Speaking of hips, I gained 3 pounds there and I'm now facing the music. Yikes! Sweats are the outfit of the day. But I'm back on track now and I refuse to wallow in self-pity. Got the boys some muskets and they love them. The dog is very afraid of them though. How I got a hunting dog who's afraid of guns, I'll never know. Happy to be home. Finally slept great last night and back on track with school. It's tough to come back but I love my family and my house and my dog and my friends!

3 comments:

*Sarah* said...

These are great pictures, Kari!! It was good seeing you at class tonight--glad to hear you had fun with your son last week!

cindy said...

Mon Amie,
I too am so glad you are BACK! I love to hear of all the adventures and fun you had with Christopher. I wnat to see ALL the pictures and hear ALL the stories in detail. Love you..............

Michelle said...

So happy to see you my friend, even if it was in your P.J.s. You know me, I am the rude friend that doesn't call befor coming over, I just enter! Can't wait to see the other pictures.