Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Deer in the Headlights

Well, all these years in this town without getting in an accident... Last night, Ron almost hit a deer (who actually was frozen in the headlights - hence the expression). He slammed on the brakes and someone plowed into him from behind. My poor husband's face is a mess with a gash on his eyebrow and another cut on the side of his face. No stitches for him though. Just try and get a grown man to go to the doctor. He's ok but my bumper is smashed and the back is scraped up. Just a car, but still. This Sunday the pastor said something about how we never could know the future and in an instant, our lives can change so we better just cling to Jesus every day and not rely on ourselves. I struggle to keep my eyes on Him when there's so much going on around me. (Like boys fighting over the Raisin Bran) I'm thankful that my kids are ok and my husband wasn't hurt worse and my car still runs. It's a new day, Lord, help me to keep you first.

3 comments:

Kari said...

hello

*Sarah* said...

Glad to hear he's okay! Sorry about your car...want to borrow my bike? :)

Michelle said...

Dam deer, why the heck do they have to cross the street? I am glad that your hubby is safe and that he only got a few character marks on his face. Love you