Monday, February 23, 2009

No Quitting on Monday

I always want to quit on Monday. I am turning in my resignation. Who do I give it to? God? No, just kidding. It's always a challenge Monday mornings but my friend, Lisa, has imprinted in my mind forever that I'm not allowed to quit on Mondays so onward. Maybe tomorrow.. Actually, our devotion this morning was great - all about servanthood and faith without works. I enjoyed it. The kids, on the other hand, who knows? I had to make them sit up, tell them to stop touching the poker chips, let go of your brother's head, get the dog off of your lap (all 77 pounds of her), etc. etc. All this while remaining calm and keeping my cool. A test, I tell you, always a test for me. Luckily, I slept well and I take it as a challenge some days to not totally blow like a volcano. The Lord is my strength in weakness. His Holy Spirit guards me like a Navy Seal some days. It's only 10 am. Hopefully, He'll stick around all day.

1 comment:

Kari said...

just testing to see if it works