Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Chicks


Oh these baby chicks are sooooo cute! Nothing like baby chicks at Easter time. Christopher has been carrying these little gals around in a basket and letting them bask in the sunshine. I'm so glad he has this project. They really keep him busy. He needs a lot of these to keep him out of trouble. Today was a great day because church was special and different and then it was so gorgeous today. I laid on the lawn and took in the sun and read a book and visited with my mom and Gramma on the back porch. Later I reminisced with an old friend about seeing the Pope on Easter Sunday 27 years ago today!!! We didn't make hotel reservations and there was no room at the inn, to say the least, so we slept or stayed awake all night in the train station in Roma! What were we thinking? Crazy, I tell you. The stuff we used to do and think nothing of it. And here I am debating as to whether Erik should walk home from Stratton's Market.... Hard to let go, I guess.
I read the "Tale of the Three Trees" to Erik tonite. What a great book! All about the story of Jesus thru the "eyes" of the three trees which were made into the manger, the boat where Jesus calmed the storm, and the cross He died on. If you ever want to borrow it, it's here! Happy Easter and thank God it's true, He's really alive!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that book and I always give it as a first communion gift and or christening gift. So beautifully written. My men are home and mommy is HAPPY!

cindy said...

Mon Amie,
So glad you had a nice Easter day also. You're right, those chicks are adorable. We also have that book and love it, except it is part of our Christmas collection. It's a great story. Have a Happy Monday tomorrow. We are on the home stretch now!!!

Michelle said...

Hey what the heck? Are you too busy with homeschooling to blog? You are boreing!!!