Friday, April 24, 2009

Surfer Boys


My two surfers are currently in bed and it's almost 8 am. I'll let them sleep a little while cause we were up late watching an emotional movie "The Devil's Arithmetic". I figured that before going to the Holocaust Museum, Christopher should get a little more info. on what happened in Germany. Very sad. Funny, the boys were more mad, like "I'd take my AK47 and blow them away..." I guess that's instinct and why we sent our boys over there to free the Jews...
On our walk with Sarah last night, she asked me all about how I learned French etc... It's always weird for me to do the short, reflect on your life and where you've been thing... I sometimes feel like it happened to someone else. I am so in the moment that I lose perspective.
I was laying next to Christopher in his bed the other night and he says, "You know Mom, 4 years from now I won't be sleeping in this bed anymore" (and then he calculated the amount of days which I have no idea what they were). I was much taken aback thinking how short the time is. I then of course I moved on to what a mean mom I am and how I have that face that Bill Cosby describes in his routine all scrunched up in anger. If there's one thing I ask Lord it's to be more loving especially in the short time left with these boys. On bad days, I ask myself why I homeschool and go thru all of the difficulties.... I think I know today... I get TIME with them and that counts for everything.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

So sweet that Christopher figured that out. Makes me sad and old I tell you, sad and old.

Ms. Lovely said...

Great...thanks a lot for ruining my buzz!