Friday, April 3, 2009

Hollywood Mouth


Yahoo! Erik's got braces, on his way to a Hollywood smile! God is good. We could never have afforded them if things hadn't gone the way they did! He's in some pain but holding up well with Tylenol and Ibuprofen. I am doing ok but having some problems, as some of you know, with respect issues in the home. I don't know why these boys have to test it but I guess I did the same as a teen. (a little divine retribution) I'm hanging in there for the "wild ride" but it's funny how sometimes you think "I just can't do this anymore" but what are ya gonna do? Put em in the street? Say, "all parenting's done"! Nope, long haul, marathon attitudes that's what we're praying for around here.


I have been reading "Sermon on the Mount" again by Martin Lloyd Jones. It is so good. Today was on prayer and how to approach God first by remembering who He is and how we are now related to Him. He adopted us and He loves us and He's mighty to save and Creator of the whole Universe. He holds this entire world in His hands. And He's interested in us, enough to die to save us! I don't get it but I keep trying to ponder it. Hopefully, He's mighty enough to save these two little sinners I'm raising... ;D

1 comment:

Kari said...

I prefer to be seen thru the veil of my dog standing in front of me. She does no wrong. Her is magnificient and beautiful and sweet and self controlled (well, maybe not self controlled with the ball around or Austin's hamburger)