Monday, March 16, 2009

Devotions Darn it


Oh the feel of the Monday morning. I started us with devotions and had to give the famous warning speech twice during our reading... Oh the things out of my mouth...."We read this book so that we can learn how to live and gain control of our mouths and stop being so angry", I say through bared teeth. Then they calm down and listen for a short time. Ron came in and prayed with us and I swear they were perfect angels. Never in my naive mind could I have imagined as a new believer, that this was the way we would go about our "God moments". It's all about Him once again and our not being Him. I really can see His holiness better and better as I get older and see my wretchedness.


Walked in the rain yesterday eve. with Michelle and the dogs. They were so happy and prancey and goofy after being cooped up in the house. I felt that way too. I love getting outside. Thanks for always going with me every time I want to get out, Michelle. You're the best!
Ron and I went over all of our bills last night and decided when to pay, how to pay, etc. I felt soooo good afterwards. Is this a sign of a new maturity in our marriage?? I hope so. Huge relief and I think I found a mistake in our property taxes in our favor. We'll see.
In the background I can hear the boys talking... "You're gonna wake up in the morning tomorrow with lipstick on," Erik says. Christopher says, "Shut up, you bleep." Guess it's time to be done with the blog and get down to the real business. Thanks for listening.

4 comments:

Ms. Lovely said...

I certainly hope Christopher applied the right shade of pink...it always looks so nice on his mommy's lips!

Have to drive pimply loud 7th and
8th graders to your club for P.E.
now. I bring snacks for 'em and they love me for it. Gonna catch the ones who leave me their garbage! Ingrates, I tell ya'!

Anonymous said...

I guess I wasn't clear. Erik was making the lipstick comment to Christopher and hence the expletive from his brother... Yikes.

Ms. Lovely said...

Ya' goof! I know...I hope Christopher applied the correct shade of pink on HIS OWN lips...as you two have the same coloring and pink always looks so nice on YOU!

That's it...I quit. No more responding to blogs...I am so misunderstood!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOPs I get it. sorry, I never want to make my blog commenters angry.... humble apologies forever and ever amen