Sunday, March 8, 2009

Times have changed

And we sure didn't know it!! Yikes! What a wild ride. We didn't practice this week and then we were supposed to get set up early for music at church and we were late. So my heart was pounding all morning, almost as much as watching that movie, "Taken" last night. So scary and wild! Anyways, we made it thru worship by the skin of my teeth. I had the shaker (little egg for rhythm) and one song "You are the Everlasting God" requires double time and I really felt like I was patting my head and rubbing my tummy the entire song. Made it thru barely.... Then I was settling in to hear the sermon and Erik started looking green so I took him home. It was nice. I don't know, is that weird? Why is it that I always feel more like the "MOM" when my boys get sick?? I get into my "nurse" mode and they get all comfy and loveable. Sometimes I can really see that the end of all the intense parenting is in sight and they'll be gone before I know it. I love them so much. They are more precious than I could have ever thought. Thank you Jesus for giving me 2 boys!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Boys are wild and crazy, but I agree that there is something about boys that really tug at us moms heat and wits. Boys are our little men of the future, so teach them right!!!You are good at this Miss. Kari....

Michelle said...

Heat is suppose to be heart. How do I edit my comment after it has already been posted?

*Sarah* said...

Maybe he was hypnotized by the shaker egg!!

Anonymous said...

Boys are the BOMB!!!! Love em, Love em. Hope God puts many smiles in your day. Love ya and miss ya,
Ton Amie