Monday, March 23, 2009

R-E-S-T

Had a great weekend in the Santa Cruz mountains. I was totally alone without all my "regular" people on a women's retreat. For those of you who've been on a women's retreat know that it's usually not very restful, fun, but not restful. Well, this was a change for me. I spent a lot of time by myself which I really needed. I walked into the woods and drank my tea amongst the trees and wrote in a journal. I worked out in a beautiful workout room by myself - all brand new equipment. I read and I went to a show. I got a massage and contemplated my life. I went to a bookstore and bought books, I ate when I wanted and slept when I wanted. I didn't feel guilty if I was late for something, I didn't feel bad when I had to bow out of something. It was bliss. I really thank God for letting me have this little chunk of time, I needed it. Now I'm home back to reality but truly thankful for time away. I'll post pics later. Gotta monitor the boys and the gocart. See ya!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You deserved your peace and rest. Now you are refueled and time to tackle the grunge growing on your toilet rim. I saw it...Ha!!!

Anonymous said...

Mon Amie,
I'm SO happy that you had a great time. I was praying for you and thinking about you alot this weekend. It really is wonderful that God gave you this time to just be with and and collect your thoughts. I missed ya, call when you get a chance.