Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Morning you sure like fine!


Ooops. Hit enter before I entered anything... last night was a little sleepless cause I lay awake thinking about my kids' friendship skills and how they could use a little polishing...to say the least. Sometimes I think we have too much of a birdseye view on our kids' lives. My mother never knew what I was up to during the day, either I was at school or outside in the woods til dark. I guess I was at home fighting with my brother and sister at night enough but she's blanked it out and I don't remember the details...


So when I got up this am, I lectured Christopher about how he needed to be more caring and other focused instead of selfishly thinking about him. I felt bad cause I know he's sensitive and does have remorse about stuff and later in church, he moved next to me and hugged me and petted my hair and tried to cheer up my stinky attitude. I love that boy and he makes me mad too. That's parenting for you, you want to kill em and then you want to kiss em.


I guess what it all comes down to is that God is teaching ME self-control thru this parenting business and I don't learn easily at least without a lot of kicking and screaming. Sometimes I think it's all about them but it's really God's plan to make me change. He's my only hope and theirs too for that matter. I'll keep going back to you, Lord. In the meantime, show me mercy, please.

2 comments:

Ms. Lovely said...

Sweet Kari, What a wonderful instrument this blog is for all of us who love you...
Your tender and wise words really deserved a platform from which they could be shared with all of us who also struggle daily. Parenting is rough... so many mistakes, too much second guessing and never enough of that eluvise feeling of "Well done. I handled that perfectly!"
So we just try to do our best knowing our mess ups, even the huge scary ones, are ways to learn and remember that it really is all about Him. I love you most, Brett

Anonymous said...

Mon Amie,
I know your heart, and it is so true and caring for your boys. You are an AWESOME mom as I've told you so many times before and it makes me sad when you beat yourself up. All our kids are going to be o.k., I have total faith in that. Maybe because I have been through this before but I know that many mistakes will be made, on both their part, and ours but in the end, we can feel secure in knowing that GOD is holding them firmly in his hands. And Lumbley is wrong, I love you most......... Ton Amie