Monday, March 9, 2009

Taxes and temperatures

Still working on the taxes, determined to get them done before Friday. Erik has a temperature and is incapicitated. Sooooo, not much school happening for him. Christopher is working extremely hard to be able to spend the day at his buddy's house tomorrow. I can sure see what motivates him these days. I gotta get out of my PJ's, it's 11:30 for heaven's sake.

Visited with my Gramma yesterday and she was so happy. Sometimes she is so great to talk to, interesting and full of info. She's 90 now and I can see her slowing down, finally. She's been old since I was little (?) but always so fast paced and full of energy. Lately she's been getting rid of a lot of stuff and cleaning closets. Her world has gotten so much smaller since she quit driving last summer. I love that she and I love a good cup of tea. She still buys all of my specialty tea for me from Seattle. I also love that we both love the library and befriend all of the librarians. I read soo much and so does she. She's a baker of wonderful pies and a great gardener. Two things I need to learn. Well, that's it for today. Hope you find many good things in your life today to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Such great thoughts about you grandmother. Amazing how important these women imprint on our lifes. Love you Kari

Anonymous said...

I love your grandma too. I really would like to go with you to see her soon. I have been having that feeling lately, that I should get over there with you and see if we can stir up some smiles for that little old lady! Let me know when that would work for you. We need a plan and then I get to see you too! Yipee