Thursday, March 12, 2009

Grumpy


Feeling a little grumpy this am... Hormones, gotta have em. Mine are disappearing quickly.


Yesterday when my mom called to ask how Erik was doing, Christopher answered the phone. He matter of factly said, "Oh Erik, he had to go to the doctor and well, he has an eye infection, an ear infection, and well, numerous other maladies which are incurable." My mom cracked up so bad she was still laughing when he handed me the phone. My mom loves to crack up. She'll cry when it gets too funny.


We had artichokes and chocolate chip cookies for dinner last night. Can you believe it? Our pastor chocks every weird thing lately up to the time change. Well, it's the time change. I just can't get used to it. Ron and I walked the dog last night at 7:30 pm and then came home and ate dinner. I fell asleep at 12:30 so I'm sleepy cause morning comes fast.


We read about the fruit of the Spirit this am for devotion...love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, self-control. I am lacking in a few of these. We talked about how we can't just look at the list and force ourselves to have one or all of these. Instead, we need to keep our focus on Jesus and he'll bring his fruit into our lives. We have to keep running to Him cause we'll just produce yucky, rotting fruit in our own strength. Ain't that the truth? Well, here I go clinging to Him reaching for a little fruit.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Give me the little pooopy doopy puppy dogggy. I want her now! Have to retreat to the bat cave, I will be back. He HE Heeeeeee

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love that sweet dog of yours!! She look so sweet with her little annimal next to her.
I'm so happy that you get a break and get to go to the womans retreat. You'll have a BLAST!! I miss you, call me so I can model for you.