Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Can Fly!


Why do boys always have to be on the verge of killing themselves to have fun? They set up a jump next to the lawn to rollerblade over and then land on the lawn. All went well until Erik didn't buckle the helmet and it flew off and he landed on it. Ouch! Christopher also knocked his chin on his knee. Ouch! I don't understand why boys have this internal need for danger but I do get that it's a necessary part of their growing up. Maybe it's the warrior thing. I have to read that book, Wild At Heart, again. That was helpful. In the mean time, I just pray that the Lord will send his angels to watch over them and that they'll use their common sense to keep safe.
I have my meeting with the teacher this AM. I never look forward to it but today I am ready and it'll be short, by golly. It's a beautiful day - this is absolutely my favorite time of year. We're planning a party for Ron next week. He's finishing a job that has taken so long and been grueling. So cake, balloons, dinner, dressed up dogs, funny hats, the works!! How thankful I am for my hard-working man! Well, gotta go make Erik run around the house 10 times for a time trial.

5 comments:

*Sarah* said...

A time trial?? I love it! :)

Ms. Lovely said...

Dogs...as in plural...who are these other dogs that get to wear hats at Ron's party? My Carlos would look beautiful in a party hat!
That is a great thing to do for your hubby...but make it be about num-nums that HE likes to eat...meat and sweets and junk...no cucumber finger sandwiches with a side of sprouts.

Ms. Lovely said...

And another thing..
your teacher better have been nice to you...or I'll do something when I figure out where she lives!
Kari, your Grandma's budgies are out in the sun on the porch and they are so lovin' it...they're sitting with their wings all spread out and open just basking,
talking to all of the other oudoor feathered things.

Anonymous said...

Mon Amie,
Great pics of your flying children. I loved them! I already know that the short time with your teacher didn't happen. You just need to put your mean hat on and stand your ground. I would love to donate to your hubby's party with maybe some cookies. Let me know and hope the men in your life liked the ones I sent tonight.
Love ya,

Michelle said...

Hope you are enjoying your family this weekend. Keep those boys locked up. Crazy Wild!!!