Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sunday in the City







Dad and I went to SF on Sunday. It was the windiest day ever as you can see from the pictures. I had a great plan to rent those Segway things and cruise all around but it was too cold so we went to lunch at the Beach Chalet - Crab Louie Salad, yum! and then to the Academy of Science and the Steinhart Aquarium. It was so great to see these newly remodeled. I have many memories of this museum as a kid. You used to walk into the Aquarium up some marble steps and the first thing you'd see is a white alligator. Now it's totally different. The penguins were cute as usual but my favorite thing was a Giant Sea Bass. He was HUGE! and he moved so slowly and had such a cute mouth. I could have watched him for hours. It was great taking my time and looking at each thing. My dad enjoyed it too. I could tell. What I love about my dad is wherever I've been in the world, if I asked my dad to come and meet me somewhere, he would. France, Norway, Italy, SF, Monterey, Switzerland, anywhere. He's always up for it. He loves to make a memory. I think we'll be doing more of this in the near future. Definitely a great day!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

So Fun, I want to goooooo.

Ms. Lovely said...

Hey! I would so meet you anywhere, too! You buy all my tickets and we will have a blast...make them thar other wives a wee bit jealous. Bdoor just wants to sleep with monks
and NOT EVEN DRINK WINE! And Mulford can't come to liven things up for me 'caus Monks ain't s'posed
to see necked women!

Anonymous said...

Mon Amie,
I think that is SO awesome that you had a chance to make another memory with your dad. I know he loves you to the ends of the universe and back. Cherish him while you can!